Owned and operated by
Certified Tobacconist Patrick Potter
Certified by The Tobacconist University
Patrick was first introduced to cigars during the summer of 1987 while working in the stock room of his grandfathers warehouse at the world famous Tinder Box International.
Tinder Box was originally founded in 1928, a small boutique inside a local pharmacy. Ed Kolpin, opened the first brick and mortar location in 1936 in Santa Monica. After many successful years of business Tinder Box sold its first franchise in 1959 to Robert Gabriel (Patrick's Grandfather), long before franchises were common among American business operations. With the help of Robert Gabriel, Ed Kolpin's Tinder Box grew to nearly 800 stores worldwide, the largest pipe and tobacco retailer in North America, it was also the largest franchise operation. In 1995, Tinder Box International was sold to Villazon, which later became General Cigar Co.